Balance is something we all need in our lives, here are the main pillars to a balanced life: Gratitude/happiness, Fun, Health, Profession, and Family. We will go through these main points discussing how you can improve in that area of life as well as why you need these 5 pillars for a healthy and balanced life.
Being grateful is something we take for granted just like a lot of other things. Gratitude has many great rewards, and fast tracks you to a life full of happiness. How you ask? Well Gratitude is a simple cycle that builds off itself and will grow exponentially with these five steps: Desire, Gratitude, Happiness, reward, and repetition.
- Just like everything you want to achieve, there must be an eager want in order to achieve success. Ask yourself why you want to have happiness and why this is a must (for those who are committed to achieving success, write down why this is a must.).
- To be grateful for the things in your life, you’ve got to think deep, and be optimistic. You must be thankful for all the sunny days, the cool breezes, and the starry nights as well as the days with pouring rain, traffic, co-workers, and many more things that can irritate us. (here is an example from my life: I met this girl on tinder ha-ha and the first date I thought she was the one, I was literally head over heels for her! But after a couple weeks she didn’t feel the same and it ended. I had some long, lonely nights and was depressed for about a month. I knew I needed to let go. that’s when I got into self-development and learned how to be optimistic. Now that I look back, I am so grateful for that heartache and pain she caused. It pushed me to become better, and gave me the motivation I needed.)
“A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials” -Seneca
Think back when there was a trial in your life and think of all the positive experience you’ve gained.There are two types of people in this world, those who give up when adversity strikes and those who fight back. The first person who gives up is a pessimist, and the second is on optimist. Which one are you? (be honest with yourself) If you’re the pessimist that’s okay, that’s why you’re here learning how to become optimistic. Keep learning, growing and commit to never give up. Some days adversity may win the fight but be persistent and you WILL win the war.
- Once you continue to think about everything your grateful for, happiness comes and continues to motivate you to pursue the path of self-development and/or other paths specific to your life. You create a purpose for your life and want to help others become happy just like you.
- Once you are actively being optimistic everything in your life becomes a blessing and miracle. Because literally everything is working for your own good! If someone chews you out for doing something, take that as constructive criticism. It may be hard to do that but once you realize that people giving you “negative reviews” is a good thing! They are telling you how to improve! What a blessing!
- The last step is to repeat/ continue the process of optimism. You’re not a failure until you give up! So never quit and you will achieve success and your dreams! (This goes for anything in life)
Life is so busy and there is so much to do, we sometimes push ourselves too much and crash and burn. We need to know our limits and act accordingly. Have a reward after you accomplish a task or two. (don’t reward yourself with donuts if you’re trying to lose weight! Ha-ha instead think of positive things that you can reward yourself, like hanging out with friends or having a date night.) don’t take this area of your life for granite. This area of life is your morale to push through and succeed.
Health (body and Mind)
Health is another leg in the balance of life. If you don’t take care of your body and what it’s needs are, then you will sadly be bed ridden in a hospital… to give you some ideas, here are some ways to improve your mind and body’s health and give you energy.
- Drink more water.
I’m sure you have already heard that your body is made up of over 70% of water. And by drinking more water, you help your body eliminate toxins in your body, that can make you feel tired and unmotivated.
- Meditate regularly
By meditating regularly, you can think more clearly and focus on the tasks you want to accomplish.
Take time to keep your body in shape, the benefits from this are immense. You will not only look healthier but you will feel healthier and more confident.
Your profession provides for most of your needs to live and is very important to balance. Your finances are also another area of life that needs balance. These two coincide with each other, you could be the wealthiest person in the world but still be broke if your finances are poor.
- Budget your money. One of the best things you can do is to see if your monthly spending is putting you in debt or not. To do this, look and your monthly income and make sure your expenses aren’t exceeding your income.
- You have many jobs. If you are a mother or a father, one of your jobs is to help teach your children while they grow up. Think of what jobs you have in your life and try to go the extra yard to accomplish those tasks.
Family and Friends
Make sure you spend time with your family, they can be one of the biggest supports in your life, if you work on strengthening your relationships. Don’t ever take your family for granted, even if you don’t like your family. (you don’t know what you have until it’s gone.)
If you find yourselves lacking in any of these 5 areas of life, be sure to fix it ASAP! If left untended it will soon wither away as a plant with no water. It is also true that we can never be perfectly balanced in our lives, we must juggle different areas of life in order to accommodate those we love and respect.